Thursday, June 4, 2009

This Same Sun

Opportunity again
This day like the last
Under the same sun that rose and preceded me,
The very light shone on each before us
With which few embraced

But I've done little to deserve such time
I, instead, fail and fall short.
My rare rising oft feels to beget the falling.
Of what's intended in this daily offering
I mostly ignore.

What's done this day no separate from my past
But I and the sun will rise tomorrow,
Graced and grateful
Allowed to live again
Beneath God's gold light.


(photograph: © Katherine C. Fleming, Pine Knoll Shores Winter Sunset, 2009)

3 comments:

jtf said...

Now you're just showing off...writing really nice poetry AND posting your own photos...you're a renaissance woman.

jtf said...

By the way, the label for this should just read "Poetry"...it's good...no need to qualify things by adding the word "Attempts"...keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I agree, this is a good poem.it is amazing to think that the "same sun" has witnessed all things
Malcolm