Friday, January 12, 2007

Do it For the Children

Everyone is a sucker for kids. I'm a 22 very unattached college student and despite not liking them, even I'm a sucker for the kids. But I'm no moron either. Like most liberals, their organizations headed with catchy titles usually mean the opposite of what they say. "Planned Parenthood" for example. I see my fellow college students often walking shamelessly into the building befit more for the title Unplanned Parenthood. Their recent indiscretion reeks of alcohol and loose morals. But! Not to worry, Plan B to the rescue. Or for example, pro-choice, which is really to say someone is pro-the-mothers-choice-over-the-innocent-unborn's-choice. And that while the mother couldn't make a responsible choice when she should have, she's ready to nine months later.

Regardless of what organization you choose, it's likely there is more there than what meets the eye. Children seem to be the most effective smoke screen. Put a kids face on the cover of any issue and all of a sudden you're a 'bad' person if you disagree. What about the kids, they say. What about them? Search "Do it for the children" in any web browser and you're likely to get up to 700,000,000 hits like I did. Laughable ones like Gay Marriage-Do it for the Children, a close second behind my favorite, Sex Changes-Do it for the Children.

As somewhat of an argumentative person I consider myself drawn to politics. I liked to think of it as an intellectual battlefield where honesty, wit and persistance would win the war. I know much better now, being a bit older, better read, and exposed to the harsh truth of this world. The war is no longer intellectual. Perhaps that sounds despairing or cynical, but I can't help but literally be stopped in my tracks by some of the recent issues I hear. I find matters of national security to be of the utmost importance. Far more than abortion issues, any education matter for our children, global climate changes, etc. If we don't protect our country from those who threaten it every waking day, we will not have those issues to worry about. Instead we'll have an entire new batch of them, far worse, if you can imagine, than whether or not to buy a Hybrid vehicle.

One issue very much worthy of the title "for the children" is that of our country's future. Because without our country, our children will have no future, no life. The lives of our unborn children are threatened because the United States is falling victim to it's own good quality. Our melting pot soon will overflow with one kind. Tolerance and diversity will turn around to bite us in the ass, because those we tolerate don't value it in ways we do. So am I concerned about the children? Yes, in a way. I'm far more concerned though, about my kids' kids' kids. A long way off I know, but when Jimmy Cardigan said "We've always had a faith that the days of our children would be better than our own...our people are losing that faith," what he didn't know was that his statement is far more true now than it ever was before. Believing in, and more importantly fighting for a free America is worth our childrens' future. Do this one for the kids.

No comments: